When marketing as a Realtor® is important to connect with prospective home buyers and to keep business relationships with peers. Maintaining these relationships requires some effort, here is how to use Facebook to build these relationships, so you can find new followers, and market yourself as a Realtor
1. Remember the 80/20 Rule. 80 percent of your content should be customer-focused, and 20 percent should center on you and your business. Using this formula will encourage more engagement and interaction.
2. Respond to Comments. Reply to comments posted on your page, good or bad, and do so promptly. This signals current and potential clients that you are paying attention to them.
3. Focus on Local Interests. People want to know what is happening within their local community, a fact that is especially true for those moving to a new area with which they may be unfamiliar. Post about local charity events, school-related activities, or highlight a popular local business. In general, post about anything you feel the community would find interesting.
4. Use Photos and Video. Whenever possible, use images or videos in your posts. Keep in mind that posts with photos tend to get 120% more engagement than those without them. Posts with photo albums receive 180% more engagement.
5. Share Interesting and Informative Facts. These can stimulate likes and comments. Offer helpful advice, tips about how someone could stage her home for sale or decorate her new home are good ways to gain likes and comments.
Inman, a source for real estate industry news, used this colorful image coupled with an interesting fact on its Facebook page.
📌 Managing a blog on social media is an essential tool to get the word out about important events on your community, for tips and ideas for your buyers and sellers and to promote yourself and other business too! Take a look at our IDX websites for Realtors and ask us about our easy to use a blog! Managing a blog has never been so easy.